Friday, April 18, 2008

How to Use Your IRS Rebate Check

Well if everyone is like us, you're excited to hear we are getting rebates next month from the IRS. My dad sent me this forward that I thought was funny:

"The Administration said each of us would get a rebate check to stimulate the economy: If we spend the money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline, it will go to the Arabs, if we purchase a computer it will go to India, if we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala, if we purchase a good car it will go to Japan, if we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and non of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America. The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it at yard sales, since those are the only businesses still in the U.S."

8 comments:

california smiths said...

Hehehe, I laughed when I got that one too. I love Denver's quote of the day. Glad to know they start that so young...

Jon and Ashley said...

That was funny. I could totally see your dad or my dad for that matter, sending that.

Shane and Michelle said...

I've seen this before and it is funny. Too true...

Shane and Michelle said...

how do you stay on top of scrapbooking? I finally gave up and bought a bunch of photo albums and shove the pictures in them and called it good. I've decided I don't have the money or time!
I love your slide show scrapbook pages!

Brian Hanks said...

HeHe! Very funny!!

...if only it were true

Angie said...

That's hilarious! But gosh, isn't it the truth? Makes me want to go yard sale shopping right now :)

Lindsay said...

That is hilarious!

Joell said...

ok that was funny! It maid me think of how La-Z-boy is moving to Mexico, won't be buying any more of there stuff. We are going to california in the summer and spending ours there! So it will mostly be staying here in the U.S. I think!